Atty. T. Michael Sullivan focuses his practice on Estate and Trust Administration, Estate Planning and Elder Law; serving clients in Essex and Middlesex County and throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire. Atty. Sullivan is a graduate of the University of New Hampshire and New England School of Law.
Michael is a Past-President of the Merrimack Valley Estate Planning Council and current member of their Board of Directors. He is also a member of the National Academt of Elder Law Attroneys (NAELA), the Essex County Bar Association, the American Bar Association, and Vice President of the Board of Directors for the German Home, a home for individuals with mental health challenges in Lawrence, Massachusetts.
Thomas Reuters has selected Michael as a Super Lawyers Rising Star for both 2016, 2017, and 2018.
Michael enjoys lecturing and has presented to Estate Planning Professionals, Health Care Professional, seniors, and was a guest expert speaker on Exit this Way, a radio show on the UR Business Network.
While Michael is not at work, he enjoys watching sports, cycling, fishing and spending time outdoors with his wife Leslie, son Conor, and dog Sadie.
Professional / Community Affiliations
- Merrimack Valley Estate Planning Council (Past President )
- Lawrence Bar Association
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Essex County Bar Association
- The German Home – Vice President Board of Directors
- PRG of Mass
- June 19, 2019 – “2019 Elder Law Program” Andover Senior Center. Sponsored by MBA and NAELA “
- May 14, 2019 – “Taking Control of Your Future: A Legal Checkup” Stone Castle Methuen. Sponsored by MBA and NAELA “
- October 18, 2018 – Coordinating Your Loves One’s Care – Panel Discussion presented by Bridges of Andover
- September 6, 2018 – Estate Planning for Clients in Every Stage of Live sponsored by NH Chapter of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors.
- April 21, 2018 – “Estate Planning for All” presented by the Merrimack Valley Estate Planning Council and Andover Recreation.
- July, 2017 – “Taking Control of Your Future: A Legal Checkup” presented by Henry C. Nevins Home for the Aged.
- December, 2015 – “Involvent Estates” presented by the Merrimack Valley Estate Planning Council.
- October, 2014 – “NFA Gun Trusts” presented by CenterFire Seminar Series.
- May, 2014 – “Exit Planning” Exit this Way Radio Show on UR Business Network
- October, 2013 – “Elder Law: What every Health Care Professional Needs to Know” presented by The Oxford Rehabilitation and Health Care Center.
- June, 2013 – “Taking Control of Your Future: A Legal Checkup” sponsored by the Massachusetts Bar Association and the Andover Senior Center
- April, 2013 – “Intro to Special Needs Trusts” sponsored by the Essex County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division.
- November, 2012 – “Special Needs Trusts, Use and Funding” presented by the Merrimack Valley Estate Planning Council.
Independent Ratings / Honors
- 2019 Super Lawyers Rising Star
- 2018 Super Lawyers Rising Star
- 2017 Super Lawyers Rising Star
- 2016 Super Lawyers Rising Star